That was quick. The picture above was taken at the top of the hill on Ormsby Street, named for John Ormsby, a Major in the French and Indian War, who received a land-grant for the land in 1763 from George … Continue reading
Near the old St. Joseph’s church (now the home of Potter’s House Ministries) sits an old school complex. Both buildings are pretty old and are abandoned.
Most of the homes in Mount Oliver are tidy frame houses spaced evenly on hills. The following house, however, is the jewel of the neighborhood.
Mount Oliver is pretty hilly. The red pickup looked like it could have tumbled down the hill with a strong wind.